The Maintenance Lead reports to the Executive Director and oversees the residential maintenance program. This role is responsible for the supervision of the Maintenance team and ensuring all units, facilities, and grounds are maintained. The Maintenance Lead works closely with staff and oversees all maintenance, modernization, repair, and renovation functions for our residential housing units. This includes multi-resident buildings, pending new developments, and all facilities. This Maintenance Lead is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing preventive maintenance, and budgeting. Oversees the cleaning, and repairs of equipment, fixtures, furnishings, and structures of all facilities and grounds.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Property Management Administration
- Follows BC Housing Policy and Procedures.
- Facilitate contractor procurement, and estimates, and ensures satisfactory completion of work.
- Update contractors lists as outlined in BC Housing and AHS policy requirements.
- Facilitated all maintenance planning.
- Office Building and Asset Control Inventory.
- Security and key controls systems.
- Establish all occupational, health, and safety protocols.
- Capital planning and asset controls.
- Renovation and improvement project management.
- Maintains and updates Inventory Management.
- Complete and approve Property inspections.
- Hiring and supervision of staff
- Create on-call procedures and scheduling.
- Policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Manages the Work Order and Purchase Order Systems.
- Oversees the maintenance tool inventory, and ensures inventory and warranties are tracked.
- Monitors inventory and places orders when necessary.
- Coordinates and organizes the tools and the workplace.
- Ensures all WCB rules and regulations are followed and ensures all Health & Safety policies are complied with.
- Ensures all WHMIS standards are followed.
- Develops and maintains procedures.
- Conducts inspections of facilities and resolves issues.
- Checks and maintain the electrical and security systems.
- Maintains the Plumbing, power and heating, and fire alarm systems.
- Performs the administrative duties, budget, and monitoring of expenses
- Keeps maintenance logs and daily activities.
- Manages relationships with contractors and other service providers.
- Ensures all buildings are in safe working order condition for occupants and visitors.
- Ensures security rounds of buildings are completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May perform minor routine building maintenance, including but not limited to minor plumbing repairs to fixtures including sinks, toilets, and faucets, repairs to drywall, frames, floors, and flooring, painting, boilers, and minor electrical repairs.
- Responsible for ensuring all building equipment, fire, and safety inspections are renewed/updated regularly.
- Works with Contractors to ensure plumbing, heating, and electrical maintenance is performed.
- Ensures Preventive maintenance inspections of equipment and systems are completed.
- Maintains service logs of tests and repairs.
Carpentry / General Maintenance
- Replaces windows and doors, installs handrails, finishing techniques, painting and staining wood, construction of simple cabinetry, replaces and repairs counter tops, refaces existing cabinets, installs exterior finishes.
- Installs weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware. Install items such as window shades, Venetian blinds, and curtain rods.
Fleet and Equipment
- Oversees all fleet and equipment and ensures fleet is maintained.
- Operates power cleaning equipment, and other equipment as required to perform minor building maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Ensures all safety rules and regulations are followed to minimize risk and enhance the safety of employees and visitors; checks property and grounds for unsafe conditions, and clears hazards; reports safety conditions, and security issues.
- Ensures all snow and ice are removed from roads and sidewalks using a tractor, shovel, and snow blower; performs maintenance and repair on snow and ice removal equipment
- Ensure ground maintenance is completed and debris is removed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary Diploma or education in any of the following building trades; electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years directly related experience performing maintenance in a complex multi-location environment and/or experience in general renovations, repairs, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and home inspection.
- Must have at least three (3) years of supervision experience. • A combination of education and training will be considered.
- Understanding safety procedures and practices – adhering to safety practices when maintaining units and facilities.
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance trades along with municipal codes. • Physically fit and capable of lifting and moving objects up to 24kg, as necessary
- Successfully complete and maintain Criminal Record Clearances.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract annually. • Must have a personal vehicle for work use.
- Proficient in computer applications related to the position, including work order and purchase order programs.
- Must be available for On-Call and On-Call Rotation.
- Be willing to work flexible hours including on-call, evenings & weekends.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
- Strong financial and budgeting abilities.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Safety and Health regulations. • Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to use a Work Order and Purchase Order System • Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills together with proven experience in resolving conflict.
- Self-directed and the ability to multi-task priorities.
- Ability to supervise and lead a team.
- Ability to assign and monitor work to ensure is completed.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Team-orientated and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent work habits including punctuality, efficient use of time, and prioritizing tasks.
- Working independently to maintain facilities according to standards.
- Ability use tools and equipment safely.
- A thorough appreciation, awareness, working experience, and sensitivity of Indigenous history and culture, as well as a thorough understanding of the complexities of working with diverse populations.
- May encounter verbally abusive, aggressive and/or agitated individuals, both in person and on the telephone, therefore the ability to deal courteously, firmly, tactfully, and diplomatically with the tenants and public is a must.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter before, May 24, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com