The Custodian reports to the Maintenance Lead and will be responsible for cleaning housing units after the tenant’s moveout, offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen, and public areas.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure units are move-in ready for the next tenant.
- Follow the move-out checklist to ensure units are move-in ready.
- Janitorial including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, restrooms and kitchen cleaning, removing garbage, and recycling bins, etc.
- Clean, and polish office tables, chairs, desks, and all other furniture used in the office or the entire building.
- Dust mechanical devices like monitors, desktops, printers, and any other device.
- Maintaining stock of janitorial supplies and cleaning supplies.
- Maintain the supply and equipment needed for cleaning duties.
- Assist maintenance team with event clean up, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Janitorial/ professional cleaning experience (at least 1 year preferred).
- A combination of education and training will be considered.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting and moving objects up to 24kg, as necessary.
- Successfully complete and maintain Criminal Record Clearances.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract annually.
- Must have a personal vehicle for work use.
- Prior experience working with cleaning chemicals.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and practices.
- WHMIS Certification.
- Training in the proper and safe use of cleaning materials is preferred.
- Be willing to work flexible hours including on-call, evenings & weekends.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent work habits include punctuality, efficient use of time, and prioritizing tasks.
- Working independently to clean facilities according to standards.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment safely and effective manner.
- A thorough appreciation, awareness, working experience, and sensitivity of Indigenous history and culture, as well as a thorough understanding of the complexities of working with diverse populations.
- May encounter verbally abusive, aggressive and/or agitated individuals, both in person and on the telephone, therefore the ability to deal courteously, firmly, tactfully, and diplomatically with the tenants and public is a must.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter before, May 24, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com