Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been desiring to put your talent in strategic planning, financial forecasting, organization performance, or project development in the service of a great cause? Well, look no further! The Aboriginal Housing Society of Prince George (AHSPG) is looking for leaders like you to join our Board of Directors! For over 30 years, our volunteer Board has provided safe, healthy, and affordable housing for Aboriginal people of all incomes, ages, and capabilities. Our Board of Directors has been the strategic core of our organization, ensuring that in our work for various housing needs, we deliver real results, respond to changes in our community and always strive to deliver the highest ethical standards.
Board of Directors:
The AHSPG Board of Directors oversees, authorizes, and evaluates the operations of the organization. They meet every 2 months and their duties include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the trustees of the society on behalf of the membership.
- Approving the society’s goals and objectives.
- Establishing organizational policies and other general guidelines and limits for the society’s operations.
- Authorizing all programs developed by the society.
- Properly evaluating the rules that govern the society’s operations.
- Reviewing the Board’s own performance.
If you are one or more of the following we would like to invite you for discussion:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial business people, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put their enthusiasm towards development of new housing/program projects and ideas on current housing already owned by AHSPG.
- Community leaders willing to engage their peers to prevent homelessness and at-risk of homelessness.
- Leaders at our partner agencies – housing, parenting, social services, education, criminal justice, finance officers, child and youth services, health and wellness, family preservation, childcare, traditional knowledge — interested in building solid programs with us.
- Scholars/academics who want to put their expertise in community planning, housing developments, children, youth and families to work in the community.
- Elders/Youth, to have a voice and guidance on the future of our organization.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find Board service very rewarding. We are looking for members who will:
- Attend board meetings including the Annual General Meeting.
- Actively serve on one of our committees: Executive, Finance, Governance, Cultural/Art Committees.
- Advocate for our needs in Prince George among your colleagues and peers.
If you are interested in being considered for our Board, please contact Julia Sundell or use the application form below.
Aboriginal Housing Society of Prince George
1919 17th Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 5R2
Phone: (250) 565-9794
We look forward to hearing from you!